THE OMNIBUS NEW WEBSITE!!

THE OMNIBUS NEW WEBSITE!!
Click here and join us in our new domain...

Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Atheist’s Eid Ul Ftri


Atheist’s Eid Ul Ftri 

As the sun crawls to the top on a calm serene morning, I hear the chimes of the Muslims prayers as they celebrate the first day of Syawal and the end of a long month of faith testing, Ramadhan.  I was amazingly surprise to hear myself chanting and praying along with the followers of Islam and a bigger self-shock was how perfectly I remember every single lines of the prayer. It maybe a simple and common thing for many Muslim man of my age but if you know me any better you will be too shocked. I am an atheist. A non believer of god but somehow on this joyous occasion I found myself doing the things a normal Muslim would do, waking up early and getting a nice good clean shower and wearing a new clothes (traditional Malaysian Malay ethnic) though I skipped the next step of going to a mosque to pray but I found myself chanting and praying along with the voices echoes through the air from the nearest mosque and television. Today I found myself bowing down to God. Not worshipping or believing but I gave my highest respect and honour to a respectable opponent. Many atheists will find this a little confusing but that is the reason of this article. To show and perhaps guide the non believers into respecting not religion but God. It may not just be for Eid Ul Ftri alone but to any religious celebration that is majority of your country, may it be Christmas, Depavalli, Chinese Lunar New Year and many more, this article will wish to show how an atheist, we should be the better individuals. 

I may sound right now as a religion and god apologist to the atheist’s view but let me break it down to you why I choose to respect God. It is of course well known that we can’t either prove or deny the existence of the higher power and that don’t mean we have to believe it but we have to accept the fact that though in our modern world many atheist sees religion as a bottle plug of Thinking but it is also the catalyst of human’s evolution of self-awareness and thoughts. We all know that as we evolve we begin asking a very tedious and pointless question on the knowing the answer towards Life, Universe and Everything. And some might theorise that is the origin of God, a replacement answers towards things that we currently do not understand. Yes we may have grown rapidly in the style of thinking since our first predecessors but that doesn’t mean we are fully evolved to just remove religion and God. I sincerely believe that many human beings around the world are still dependant and need the aid of both religion and God to help and guide them. We atheist they say maybe lost thought we refute the statement for we are capable of thinking and independent from the aid of religion and God but that doesn’t mean all of mankind are ready to stand without it. Since we should know that evolution is a process of a better offspring, then we should know that not all the birds have evolved into having bright feathers. And for mankind, our thinking is our next step of evolution. The evolution of thinking and believing in superstition can clearly be seen from the pagan gods to the pre-Abraham God and it goes further into almost losing it completely.  

Let us get back to the main point of this article, when I ‘pray’ along with the Muslims today, I wasn’t believing and I wasn’t being sarcastic and trying to offend them, I was sincerely wish to give my respect and gratitude towards God. I keep saying God alone instead of religion because I still have some unfinished business with religion but with God I love him. If I wasn’t an Atheist I would be a Muslim. No its not because the influence of the culture I was born into but mainly because of how the Islamic religion view God. Unlike Christianity and Judaism, Islam portrayed GOD or Allah not as a man but as something far greater and better in every way possible and can’t be compared though they holy book tends to contradict with the view but many Muslims view God in that sense. A greater and far better deity and no human can understand God. And that to me is a better progress than any other religion. And in my point of view, if God do exist that is how ‘neither he or she’ should be. 

When I join the prayers today, I didn’t wanted to bet on the save side. I wanted to show that even if I’m an atheist I can easily respect on something I don’t believe in. I do wish to further continue this article but for now I got to go. For the day is still young and I do wish to celebrate this day with my respect to God. For I am his most loyal opponent.





Assalamualaikum to all readers. (it means Peace be upon you. Just like May the force be with you!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment