THE OMNIBUS NEW WEBSITE!!

THE OMNIBUS NEW WEBSITE!!
Click here and join us in our new domain...

Friday, 5 June 2009

Suicide Note



Suicide Note

One cold dark night, I stepped up onto the edge. The simple act of moving my feet towards the chasm that had terrified and haunted me for so long had finally been accomplished. The days, weeks and years of tentatively testing the feel of the steps towards the brink before losing my confidence and turning back were now behind me.
I gripped the rim tightly with my toes curling round the cemented base doing their best to ensure that the comfort and stability offered by the ledge would stay. Cautiously, I peered over the tips of my toes into the endless drop that was before me. O mages of my previous attempts flashed through my minds. The fear of it, every step I took towards the ledge was heavy and pain wrecking. Once on the ledge, I lost all my nerves and guts to make my next move.
But now it had to be done. The surrounding was fading away, what used to be a city filled with motions and sounds is now a quiet and calm setting for a jump. These are the words that flows on and out my mind like endless rain into a paper cup as I stand there : “Our body are prisons for our souls and only death shall set us free.”
“Only the birds could touch the sky and playing in the among the gates of heaven. If you’re born a bird, you’re blessed.”
Clearing my mind, I relaxed my feet and with all my senses as alert as possible, shifted my weight forward and dived in with open arms, shouting “FREEDOM!!....”

No comments:

Post a Comment